Halong Bay, “the bay of Descending dragon” which is located in the Northwest of Vietnam, with more than 1,500 square kilometers belongs to Quang Ninh Province in the Gulf of Tonkin. It has been recornized by UNESCO as the World Natural Heritage for its universal values of landscape, geology and geomorphology, respectively in 1994 and 2000. It is also accomodation of many fishing communities with a population of more than 1,600 people. The residents live on floating houses and boats, making their own lives by fishing and aquaculture.
- Meeting tour guide and driver at the lobby of hotel in Hanoi, then driving along the Red River Delta.
- Short stop in Hai Duong (half way)
- Checking in boat in the middle of the day for 4 hour boating and having lunch
- Enjoying stunning view passing the boat
- Visiting Thien Cung (Heaven Palace) cave
- Swimming (time and weather permit)
- Back to Hanoi in the late afternoon